Monday, November 24, 2014

International Education Week at New York Medical College




In celebration for the international education week, The NYMC (New York Medical College) chapter of Student National Medical Association (SNMA) board arranged an international food festival. Students from different nationalities cooked different types of delicious dishes to celebrate our diverse backgrounds through food! We also fundraised for charity as a contribution from the other students who bought the food. I made a call back home asking for the “Dolma” (stuffed grape leaves) recipe from the best chef in my life-- my mom. It worked, and because I like lentil soup, I added it to the menu and took some photos to share with you. 




Ammar Al-Attar is an Iraqi Fulbrighter pursuing an MS in Physiology at New York Medical College.

No comments:

Post a Comment