Thursday, July 17, 2014

Independence Day in the USA







I spent the 4th of July in Chapel Hill, North Carolina. In the morning, my colleagues and I had brunch before seeing the parade, which took place in downtown Chapel Hill. It was the first time I saw an American parade in person. I really loved it. It was joyful and fun, and many people were present. At lunch, my friends and I gathered around a barbecue. There were many people of different nationalities and we spent the afternoon together. At the end of the day, we went to Kenan Stadium on campus at the University of North Carolina to see the fireworks. As the first time celebrating Independence Day, this very special day for The United States of America, I had a great time and made wonderful memories. I am glad to have had this experience.



Imane Allali is a Moroccan Fulbrighter studying Bioinformatics at University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill.

No comments:

Post a Comment